Wednesday, 29 April 2015

ELLETRIX DIY: Cleaning your superstars

Cleaning your superstars:

In (belated) celebration of the supercolours launch, I thought it'd be cool to write a post on maintaining your trainers. I have had my superstars for over two years now and I've managed to keep them in pretty neat condition, alongside my other trainers, there's no 'out there' explanation for keeping your kicks' clean. From my experience, CIF works best on white trainers, considering the superstars are most likely of a leather type material,  avoiding excessive exposure to water based products is imperative, you might notice if you took the water route, your trainers have probably started looking 'wrinkley' per say, check it out below:

1.) You're going to need CIF and Vanish (for your laces, this is optional but it's never a good look when clean trainers have struggling laces, so basically clean both!)
                

What to do:
1.) Take your laces out, avoid this step and you'll have a grey tongue. Not a good look.

2.)  As this is a 'two-sided' sponge, I have a preference, I'd say use the yellow side due to it being considerably softer, pour a little product on the sponge (obviously) and start wiping down your shoe.

3.) Wipe down both and ensure all scuffs are gently removed, with no scratches. When you're done, leave your shoes outside to air out and dry! Follow the same process with the laces and,,,,



Would be crazy to think I've had these since 2013, right?

Happy cleaning!