Gluten- Free Pancakes:
I was making pancakes the other day, I thought I would post a recipe for those that are interested: Eggless Ingredients: 150g Gluten Free Flour, 350ml Almond Milk, 3tbs Coconut Oil and (Optional Sugar) 20g Coconut Sugar OR 3tbs Honey
Courtesy of BBCGOODFOOD:
Une: Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in a quarter of the milk. Use an electric or balloon whisk to thoroughly combine the mixture. Once you have a paste, mix in another quarter and once lump free, mix in the remaining milk. Leave to rest for 20 mins. Stir again before using.
Duex: Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a little olive oil. When the oil is heated, pour a small amount of the mixture into the pan and swirl around to coat the base – you want a thin layer. Cook for a few mins until golden brown on the bottom, then turn over and cook until golden on the the other side. Repeat until you have used all the mixture, stirring the mixture between pancakes and adding more oil for frying as necessary, though obviously this may depend on whether your pan is non-stick.
Fruit Compote:
Heat up summer berries using a pot and add about 50ml of water for roughly 150g, sugar is optional though I personally don't add sugar nor recommend it as most fruits already have high sugar content anyway so regardless the compote still turns out sweet. Heat up the fruit until it starts to liquidize, I usually turn off the heat after about 3 minutes as I don't want my compote completely liquid but turn off the heat at whatever state suitable. Pour the fruit onto the pancakes and enjoy!