Friday, 2 August 2013

American Apparel Outlet - London



Long time no post? So, yesterday I finally headed east (of London) for the American Apparel Outlet. It's basically a temporary pop-up store by American Apparel featuring seconds, over-dyes, prototypes and some faulty(?) American Apparel clothing for up to 90% off. These are common all over the US apparently, but in the UK, American Apparel is even more expensive so I couldn't miss out the opportunity to check out the clothing there and obviously make some (potential) purchases. Anyway, it's no hidden secret that I'm a fan of the clothing, though not particularly of the infamous disco pants, but many of the other items available, if you follow me on Twitter, you'd know that I rave about the brand often (not so much about their prices but hey-ho).


So.....in terms of the actual pop-up store, it was a very large space (I was meant to vlog it but I was with friends so I didn't get round to it, doh!). I was impressed with the size of the pop-up store but not so much with the fact that they didn't exploit the huge space by filling it up with actual stock. Now, not to say there wasn't anything available, because obviously there was, but just nothing I had my eyes on ( the T-shirt romper in Athletic Grey, The drawcord cuff shorts in Dark Heather Grey and and the stretch twill runner shorts). This was disappointing to me (though maybe if I had visited earlier I would've been able to get them). Along with this, despite the huge reductions, I still found the pricing range to be that of Topshop..and if you know Topshops prices...well I'll just stop there basically. That being said, I did make a purchase! I picked up the drawstring dress for around £10 I think! I do like the look of it and I think it's a perfect summer staple!

Anyway,  if you're still interested in American Apparel clothing reduced up to 90% off, check it out: