Sunday, 29 April 2012

FFOTM



Fashion Feature of the Month: Kim of SweetMonday



1.) What inspired you to start a blog?
'I started my blog as a kind of online portfolio for University. We were all made to start one, so mine actually began on wordpress but then I noticed a couple of friends of mine had a blogspot and so I converted and it sort of manifested from there.'


2.) How would you define your style in three words?
'Hmm...creative, trendy yet subtle.'


3.) What inspires the DIY pieces you create?
'My DIY pieces are mainly inspired by the fact I have a lot of time on my hands. Working part time means I have days to be creative and I find doing DIY's keeps my mind stimulated. I first got the idea from Heather at Effies Makeup Box. Since then my DIY's have become such a popular feature on my blog I try to make them as regular as I can and have now started to sell some pieces on my shop'
                                                             4.) One wardrobe staple?
'Disco pants!!! By American Apparel, they cost a whopping £70 BUT they are by far my most treasured item in my wardrobe. I never buy designer, in fact most of my wardrobe is charity shop, so parting with this money was a big deal but I haven't looked back! They literally go with everything and they make any woman look like they have an amazing figure. I've actually gone a bit AA mad and now invested in the Riding pants too! Help me!'


                                   5.)What would be your advice for aspiring bloggers?
My advice would be....go for it! Start up a blog and see where it takes you! Spend time on your blog posts, write them how you like to write and think about what you enjoy most from other blogs. If it's outfit posts, take clear photo's, doesn't need to be with an expensive camera, I used to use my iPhone! If it's nail art/baking/DIY's, get creative :) document everything you do incase you'd like to feature it on your blog. Take time in commenting other blogs and build up a readership, leave your link in comments so others can reply back easily. And I would also say if you don't already have a twitter account that it is a really good social media platform to interact more regularly with other bloggers. I tend to only speak to fellow bloggers through twitter now, it's so much easier than blogger, you can have proper conversations :) 


 Many thanks to Kim for letting me interview her!

Check out her blog here
Check out her tweets here

New Post next week!